Saturday, 10 March 2012

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?


Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Published by: Speak
Age Group: Young-adult
Paperback: 372
Source: bought
Challenge:
Just Contemporary Reading Challenge

Review:

5- Amazing!! I want to read it again!

Why didn’t I read this book sooner! After reading this I really want to go to France. I loved reading this book it was just so easy to get stuck into and I finished it in one sitting. I don’t really know what to say to be honest; I enjoyed it so much that I don’t think that my words will do it justice.

I loved the characters! They were all so well rounded and grew throughout the book. Anna was so much fun to read, at the beginning of the book she was shy and scared, and then by the end she was confident and independent. St. Clair… Can I have him please? He was just so sweet and romantic.

Stephanie Perkins makes Paris seem so real throughout the book, I could imagine it all! The descriptions were just so vivid that they made me fall in love with everything there. The book was well written and easy to read, if you haven’t read Anna and the French Kiss yet go and pick up a copy, I can’t believe I left this book on my shelf for so long.

Plot 5/5
Character 5/5
Cover 5/5
Ending 5/5

..........
Rating System

Goodreads
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com
Barnes and Noble
Stephanie Perkins' website

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree! This has become one of the books that I give to friends as gifts - I just want to share its awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes to everything you said! I loved Anna so much, it's such a fantastic book!

    I practically jumped into reading Lola and the Boy Next Door after that, and I can't wait for Isla. ;)

    Agnieszka @ Nook of Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad you liked this book. It's so fantastic. I've never particularly wanted to go to France, but this book pretty much changed my mind!
    Book Light Graveyard

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's it, I have to read this book! I keep reading great things about it. I did read and enjoy "Lola and the Boy Next Door" where the characters from "French Kiss" make an appearance.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...