Friday, 23 December 2011

Divergent by Veronica Roth


In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue—Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is—she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.
During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles to determine who her friends really are—and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes infuriating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers a growing conflict that threatens to unravel her seemingly perfect society, she also learns that her secret might help her save those she loves… or it might destroy her.


Title: Divergent
Author: Veronica Roth
Published by: Harper Collins
Age Group: Young-adult
Paperback: 487
Source: Bought
Challenge:
2011- Young Adult Reading Challenge
2011 Debut Author Challenge

Review:

5- Amazing!! I want to read it again!

Why did I leave it so long to pick up this book and read it? Some one should have jabbed me with a stick until I picked it up I’d say. This book is amazing! This book was totally unforgettable and an outstanding debut. I could not put this book down until I had devoured it. I would have to say that this book is my favourite read this year. Yeah I think that just about sums it up.

This book was fast paced and full of action that kept me turning the page and glued to my chair. When I first saw this book I wasn’t really that fussed on reading it, I’ll admit that, but then after hearing all the hype for it I went out and bought a copy and then it probably stayed on my shelf for about FOUR months! Why did it take me that long to pick it up I don’t really know.

The character had depth and it was easy to relate to more than one character. I loved how each character was written, it just made me feel what they felt and that just made the book feel more real and enjoyable. It was superbly written. There was always something happening that made me turn the page until there were no more pages left to turn. The romance was almost perfect for me, I love how there was no love at first sight and how the romance was gradual and also a bit more of a back story to what was happening but also played a main part at the same time. But I would like to see more romance in the next book though.

If you haven’t read this book yet pick it up NOW because you won’t regret it trust me!

Plot 5/5
Character 5/5
Cover 5/5
Ending 5/5

..........
Rating System

Goodreads
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository

Veronica Roth's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...