Friday, 30 December 2011

Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky


Maddie lives in a world where everything is done on the computer. Whether it’s to go to school or on a date, people don’t venture out of their home. There’s really no need. For the most part, Maddie’s okay with the solitary, digital life—until she meets Justin. Justin likes being with people. He enjoys the physical closeness of face-to-face interactions. People aren’t meant to be alone, he tells her.

Suddenly, Maddie feels something awakening inside her—a feeling that maybe there is a different, better way to live. But with society and her parents telling her otherwise, Maddie is going to have to learn to stand up for herself if she wants to change the path her life is taking.


Title: Awaken
Author: Katie Kacvinsky
Published by: Houghton Mifflin
Age Group: Young-adult
Paperback: 320
Source: Bought
Challenge:
2011- Young Adult Reading Challenge
2011 Debut Author Challenge

Review:

4- Great!

I really enjoyed this book there was just something about it that kept my face glued to the page and kept me flicking to the next page. There was just something that latched onto me and drew me into this story. The scary part about this book was that this could be our world in the future with how much technology takes over our lives at this moment.

I loved how this book just seemed real in ways such as the main character Maddie finding herself. The characters were well rounded and easy to relate to. Justin… I loved Justin, for most of the book he just seemed like that boy that you want but can never have. I loved that. But going on from that I loved the romance, it wasn’t instant it just spanned throughout the entire book which just made it feel more real but I did get frustrated at times when I just felt like screaming ‘just kiss her already’.

Kacvinsky’s writing drew me in and kept me hanging on her every word. The words just seemed to flow off the page. Trust me when I say you wont regret this one guys.

Plot 4/5
Character 4/5
Cover 4/5
Ending 4/5

..........
Rating System

Goodreads
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com
Barnes and Noble

Katie Kacvinsky's website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...