Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (#36)



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights an upcoming release we are greatly anticipating.

Lies Beneath
Anne Greenwood Brown
June 12th 2012


Calder White lives in the cold, clear waters of Lake Superior, the only brother in a family of murderous mermaids. To survive, Calder and his sisters prey on humans, killing them to absorb their energy. But this summer the underwater clan targets Jason Hancock out of pure revenge. They blame Hancock for their mother's death and have been waiting a long time for him to return to his family's homestead on the lake. Hancock has a fear of water, so to lure him in, Calder sets out to seduce Hancock's daughter, Lily. Easy enough—especially as Calder has lots of practice using his irresistible good looks and charm on unsuspecting girls. Only this time Calder screws everything up: he falls for Lily—just as Lily starts to suspect that there's more to the monsters-in-the-lake legends than she ever imagined. And just as his sisters are losing patience with him.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing, creepy mermaids!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh. This one sounds really interesting!! Thanks for sharing! Adding to my Wishlist!!

    Here's what I'm Waiting On this wednesday! =]

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds totally awesome! I love the sounds of it! Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I'm so excited for Lies Beneath. The cover is gorgeous! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous cover


    I'm hosting an exclusive cover reveal for TOUCHING THE SURFACE, by Kimberly Sabatini. Releases in 2012 from Simon Pulse! Come by and check it out and comment your thoughts!!!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/wow-exclusive-cover-reveal-touching.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my murderous mermaids! sounds like fun!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read a book in a while about mermaids. Want to read this one very bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely cover! I like it! I've seen it a few times last few weeks. The story sounds very good! Great choice! Thank you for sharing!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yey mermaids!! They are definitely the mythological creature for 2012!

    Waiting on Wednesday @ Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for mermaids!! I love the sound of this :)

    Great pick!

    I'm a new follower :)
    http://flippingthroughthepages00.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cover! I added it! I love mermaids too! New follower

    Check out my WOW
    http://somelikeitparanormall.blogspot.com/2011/11/weekly-meme-hosted-by-breaking-spine.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...