Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (#32)



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights an upcoming release we are greatly anticipating.

The Scorpio Races
Maggie Steifvater
October 6th 2011


It happens at the start of every November: the Scorpio Races. Riders attempt to keep hold of their water horses long enough to make it to the finish line.

Some riders live.
Others die.

At age nineteen, Sean Kendrick is the returning champion. He is a young man of few words, and if he has any fears, he keeps them buried deep, where no one else can see them.

Puck Connolly is different. She never meant to ride in the Scorpio Races. But fate hasn't given her much of a chance. So she enters the competition — the first girl ever to do so. She is in no way prepared for what is going to happen.

6 comments:

  1. Ahhhh so excited for this!!! I love Maggie and her writing! I'm waiting on the same thing this week, as well as three other books that are coming out very soon! Check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for this book to come out! It was actually my pick a couple weeks ago. I read the first couple chapters on my Nook app on my iPad and I'm dying to read more. I love Maggie's books. Great pick!

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-everlasting.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this book looks awesome! I will have to check it out!

    check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-13-illuminate.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh a different cover than the one I'm used to! This one sounds great I'm looking forward to it too.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read some mixed reviews about this book, but I really want to read it! Mixed reviews tend to make me want to read books even more, and I'm sort of having a fit about this one. I wish I'd have gotten an ARC so I wouldn't have to wait! Excellent choice!

    ~Asheley (Into the Hall of Books)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to this one :) I love this cover! It's really amazing! I like it better than the one I'm used to. Great pick!

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...