Saturday, 1 October 2011

On My Wishlist (#39)



On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday.

I'm going to be adding three or more books that I have found and I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They could even be old, new or forthcoming novels.

This week we have some books that I found on Goodreads, Amazon and other places.

..........
This sounds so awesome I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!!!

Enchanted
Alethea Kontis


It isn’t easy being the rather overlooked and unhappy youngest sibling to sisters named for the other six days of the week. Sunday’s only comfort is writing stories, although what she writes has a terrible tendency to come true.

When Sunday meets an enchanted frog who asks about her stories, the two become friends. Soon that friendship deepens into something magical. One night Sunday kisses her frog goodbye and leaves, not realizing that her love has transformed him back into Rumbold, the crown prince of Arilland—and a man Sunday’s family despises.

The prince returns to his castle, intent on making Sunday fall in love with him as the man he is, not the frog he was. But Sunday is not so easy to woo. How can she feel such a strange, strong attraction for this prince she barely knows? And what twisted secrets lie hidden in his past—and hers?


..........
This sounds super cool!!!

Cursed
Jennifer L. Armentrout


Dying sucks--and high school senior Ember McWilliams knows firsthand. After a fatal car accident, her gifted little sister brought her back. Now anything Ember touches dies. And that, well, really blows.

Ember operates on a no-touch policy with all living things--including boys. When Hayden Cromwell shows up, quoting Oscar Wilde and claiming her curse is a gift, she thinks he’s a crazed cutie. But when he tells her he can help control it, she’s more than interested. There’s just one catch: Ember has to trust Hayden's adopted father, a man she's sure has sinister reasons for collecting children whose abilities even weird her out. However, she’s willing to do anything to hold her sister's hand again. And hell, she'd also like to be able to kiss Hayden. Who wouldn't?

But when Ember learns the accident that turned her into a freak may not've been an accident at all, she’s not sure who to trust. Someone wanted her dead, and the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she is to losing not only her heart, but her life. For real this time.


..........
I know this isn't the type of book that I normally put on here but it just sounds so awesome!!!

Run Into the Wind: A Historical Romance
Lynn Hubbard


Run into the Wind by Lynn Hubbard A Historical Romance for today's woman. Determined to take charge of her own life after her family is slaughtered before her eyes, Sabrina Lovett heads west and disembarks from a train to start anew. Hiding from her affluent brother she takes on the guise of a boy. Everything is going well until the exasperating new Sheriff comes to town. His name is Brock Stafford and he's used to being in control. He's irritated to no end by the stable boy, Will, who challenges him at every turn. Aggravated by his own reaction to the boy, he tries to ignore him completely until tragedy brings them together. Sabrina trusts Brock with her life; but can she trust him with her secret?

4 comments:

  1. Great picks. Enchanted has one of the most beautiful covers. Hope you get the books soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fairy tales so Enchanted is definitely on my TBR list. And Jennifer L. Armentrout is my new obsession so I'll read anything she puts out there. Great picks!
    Amy's Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want Cursed so bad!!

    But I have to admit -- Run into the wind? I want the cover! *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enchanted is on my list too. My wishlist post is short and sweet this week. I'm swamped with the needs of a tiny stray kitten that I've adopted. Come see what I'm wishing for.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...