Monday, 3 October 2011

Jessie Hearts NYC by Keris Stainton

Title: Jessie Hearts NYC
Author: Keris Stainton
Published by: Orchard
Age Group: Young-adult
Paperback: 255
Challenge: Howarts Reading Challenge 2011
2011- Young Adult Reading Challenge


Jessie's just arrived in New York, hoping to forget about her awful ex.

New Yorker Finn is in love with his best friend's girlfriend.

They might be perfect together, but in a city of eight million people, will they ever find each other?


Review:

4- Great!

I started reading this novel because I was in the middle of a reading slump and I thought that this book would be a fun, easy read and by the time I finished it was everything that I thought it would be and I loved it… plus it did get me out of my reading slump!

The book is told from the perspectives of Jessie and Finn through most of the book it’s more like two different stories because the pair haven’t met yet. It was so much fun reading about both of their experiences and how they both grew and overcome their problems.

I was surprised by how much more of a teens book this was, when I picked it up I thought that it was an upper middle grade because of the summary and the cover. The characters were well rounded and the writing was amazing, but there was just something missing and there wasn’t really that much romance really either. I loved their romance with New York more than I really loved their romance with each other mainly because there wasn’t enough for me to love.

This book was a fabulous quick, easy and fun read. If you’re looking for something quick but enjoyable buy this book, plus it might even get you out of a reading slump if you’re in one.

Plot 4/5
Character 4/5
Cover 4/5
Ending 4/5

..........
Rating System

Goodreads
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com

Karis Stainton's website

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a really fun read, to fall in love with the city! :) Great review, I really like the cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one's been on my tbr for a while--I'm glad you liked it. I've been in a bit of a slump recently too so maybe I'll give this one a shot. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review! I've been hesitating to put this one on my TBR list, because of the title. I tried reading a book earlier this year called I Heart New York, about a woman who leaves England and goes to New York after her fiance cheats on her, and since the titles are similar and the plots are slightly similar, with Jessie going to New York to forget about her ex, I wasn't sure I wanted to read it. It seems like it's really good, though, so I may be adding it to my TBR list after all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...