Monday, 10 October 2011

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Title: Thirteen Reasons Why
Author: Jay Asher
Published by: Razorbill
Age Group: Young-adult
Paperback: 288
Challenge: Howarts Reading Challenge 2011
2011- Young Adult Reading Challenge
Off the Shelf


Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers thirteen cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and crush who committed suicide two weeks earlier.
On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.

Through Hannah and Clay's dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers.


Review:

5- Amazing!! I want to read it again!

WOW… I can not think of the words to do this book justice but I’ll try my best. This book was so moving and unlike anything that I have ever read before. The book shows that the little –or not so little in some cases- things that we do can make a big impact on peoples lives… and the little thing that we do can drive them over the edge and make them do something worse to themselves.

This is one of the most compelling books I’ve ever read. I felt so many emotions, I cried, I laughed, but most of all I felt.

All I can say is reading this book is so much better than the way I’m trying to display how much it moved me after I finished reading it.

Plot 5/5
Character 4/5
Cover 5/5
Ending 5/5

..........
Rating System

Goodreads
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com
Barnes and Noble

Jay Asher's blog

2 comments:

  1. I have heard so many great things about this book. I really should try it. Very emotional read. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I loved this book, and I agree that when you're reading it, you feel a lot of emotions, but mostly you just feel. I think that's the perfect way to describe this book. I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...