Saturday, 8 October 2011

Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore

Title: Texas Gothic
Author: Rosemary Clement-Moore
Published by: Corgi Childrens
Age Group: Young-adult
Paperback: 404
Challenge: Howarts Reading Challenge 2011
2011- Young Adult Reading Challenge


Amy Goodnight knows that the world isn't as simple as it seems—she grew up surrounded by household spells and benevolent ghosts. But she also understands that "normal" doesn't mix with magic, and she's worked hard to build a wall between the two worlds. Not only to protect any hope of ever having a normal life.

Ranch-sitting for her aunt in Texas should be exactly that. Good old ordinary, uneventful hard work. Only, Amy and her sister, Phin, aren't alone. There's someone in the house with them—and it's not the living, breathing, amazingly hot cowboy from the ranch next door.

It's a ghost, and it's more powerful than the Goodnights and all their protective spells combined. It wants something from Amy, and none of her carefully built defenses can hold it back.

This is the summer when the wall between Amy's worlds is going to come crashing down.


Review:

5- Amazing!! I want to read it again!

This book was different to what I expected it to be… in a good way that is. I found myself smiling and laughing out loud while reading. I haven’t read a ghost story in a while and this made me fall in love with them all over again.

Amy was a relatable character and fun to read. Phin… aw I loved Phin she was just so crazy and I loved the relationship between her and Amy. And Ben… you have to love a good cowboy!

At times the plot was a bit predictable but not enough that it was boring… the plot kind of felt a bit like Scooby-Doo at times but I liked it, it made the book more enjoyable to read.

A fun, mystery with ghosts, some kissing, and scenes that will make you laugh out loud.

Plot 4/5
Character 4/5
Cover 5/5
Ending 5/5

..........
Rating System

Goodreads
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com
Barnes and Noble

Rosemary Clement-Moore's website

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to read a positive review of this. I've been wanting to read it, but haven't come across many reviews. I like ghost stories, so I think I'll like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you enjoyed it! I haven't seen many reviews of this book and I really wanna read it. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Scooby Doo when I was younger, so I'm probably going to love it. :) Great review.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...