Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (#31)



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights an upcoming release we are greatly anticipating.

Someone Else's Life
Katie Dale
2nd April 2012


When seventeen-year-old Rosie’s mother, Trudie, dies from Huntington’s Disease, her pain is intensified by the knowledge that she has a fifty-per-cent chance of inheriting the crippling disease herself. Only when she tells her mum’s best friend, ‘Aunt Sarah’ that she is going to test for the disease does Sarah, a midwife, reveal that Trudie was not her biological mother after all... Devastated, Rosie decides to trace her real mother, hitching along on her ex-boyfriend’s GAP year to follow her to Los Angeles. But all does not go to plan, and as Rosie discovers yet more of her family's deeply-buried secrets and lies, she is left with an agonising decision of her own - one which will be the most heart-breaking and far-reaching of all...

6 comments:

  1. What a great pick! I've never heard of this book before. That cover is incredible. It's light and whimsical, yet sad....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. Great story line, trying to find her real mother, that's gotta be some good reading there. I love the button too, whoever created did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick. I just recently added this to my TBR list.

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely waiting on this one too. I love the cover--the title art especially. This just looks like it's going to be such a dang good book!

    Book Light Graveyard

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow, that's a triple whammy if there ever was one. Sounds like a seriously angsty read.
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooooh this sounds so good!! I literally just added it to my TBR list :) And I love the cover! Thanks so much for sharing this awesome pick!!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...