Saturday, 24 September 2011

On My Wishlist (#38)



On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday.

I'm going to be adding three or more books that I have found and I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They could even be old, new or forthcoming novels.

This week we have some books that I found on Goodreads, Amazon and other places.

..........
I've heard so many good things about this book!!

Daughter of Smoke and Bones
Laini Taylor


Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.

In a dark and dusty shop, a devil's supply of human teeth grown dangerously low.

And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherwordly war.

Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real; she's prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands"; she speaks many languages--not all of them human; and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she's about to find out.

When one of the strangers--beautiful, haunted Akiva--fixes his fire-colored eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?


..........
This sounds awesome!!

Cold Kiss
Amy Garvey


“It seemed so right. Danny was mine, I was his, and that wasn’t going to work if he was dead. So I would make him not dead, not anymore. I didn’t think any further than what it would feel like to kiss him again, to wrap my arms around him and bury my head against his shoulder.
That was my first mistake. It also turned out to be the biggest.”

When her boyfriend, Danny, is killed in a car accident, Wren can’t imagine living without him. Wild with grief, she uses the untamed powers she’s inherited to bring him back. But the Danny who returns is just a shell of the boy she once loved.

Wren has spent four months keeping Danny hidden, while her life slowly unravels around her. Then Gabriel DeMarnes transfers to her school and somehow, inexplicably, he can sense her secret. Wren finds herself drawn to Gabriel, who is so much more alive than the ghost of the boy she loved. But Wren can’t turn her back on Danny or the choice she made for him—and she realizes she must find a way to make things right, even if it means breaking her own heart.

Amy Garvey’s transcendent teen debut is perfect for fans of Shiver and Beautiful Creatures. Wren’s unforgettable voice and story will stay with readers long after the last page is turned.


..........
That cover is a bit freaky but I love how this book sounds!!

Shifting
Bethany Wiggins


After bouncing from foster home to foster home, Magdalene Mae is transferred to what should be her last foster home in the tiny town of Silver City, New Mexico. Now that she's eighteen and has only a year left in high school, she's determined to stay out of trouble and just be normal. Agreeing to go to the prom with Bridger O'Connell is a good first step. Fitting in has never been her strong suit, but it's not for the reasons most people would expect-it all has to do with the deep secret that she is a shape shifter. But even in her new home danger lurks, waiting in the shadows to pounce. They are the Skinwalkers of Navajo legend, who have traded their souls to become the animal whose skin they wear-and Maggie is their next target.

7 comments:

  1. Wow. All these books sound amazing. I want to read them too.

    Hope you'll get them soon. Have a nice weekend. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you that Daughter of Smoke and Bone was excellent. Cold Kiss was good too. I reviewed both of them at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog. New follower. Come visit me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to brag or anything, but I got a copy of Daughter of Smoke and Bone this week! Starting it today. That cover for Shifting is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daughter of Smoke and Bone is delightful! I hope you get it and love it as much as I did! :)

    My On My Wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah that cover for Shifting is awesome! It sounds really good! I can't wait for Daughter of Smoke and Bone either :) Great choices! New follower :)

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  6. My featured wishlist book is off of a local high school's list. Please come see what I'm wishing for and how I'm doing at reading through my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want Cold Kiss too! I have Daughter of Smoke and Bone on my TBR list. I'd never heard of Shifting but it sounds interesting - love the cover!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...