Saturday, 20 August 2011

On My Wishlist (#35)




On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday.

I'm going to be adding three or more books that I have found and I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They could even be old, new or forthcoming novels.

This week we have some books that I found on Goodreads, Amazon and other places.

..........
It's about angels... enough said!



A Temptation of Angels
Michelle Zink
Goodreads

Goodreads summary:

When her parents are murdered before her eyes, sixteen year-old Helen Cartwright finds herself launched into an underground London where a mysterious organization called the Dictata controls the balance of good and evil. Helen learns that she is one of three remaining angelic descendants charged with protecting the world’s past, present, and future. Unbeknownst to her, she has been trained her whole life to accept this responsibility. Now, as she finds herself torn between the angelic brothers protecting her and the devastatingly handsome childhood friend who wants to destroy her, she must prepare to be brave, to be hunted, and above all to be strong because temptation will be hard to resist, even for an angel.

Michelle Zink masterfully weaves historical fantasy with paranormal romance to create a gripping tale of love and betrayal.

..........
This sounds like it could be a creepy by good read!



Frost
Marianna Baer
Goodreads

Goodreads summary:

Leena Thomas’s senior year at boarding school begins with a shock: Frost House, her cozy dorm of close friends, has been assigned an unexpected roommate: confrontational, eccentric Celeste Lazar. But while Leena’s anxiety about a threat to her sanctuary proves valid, it becomes less and less clear whether the threat lies with her new roommate, within Leena’s own mind, or within the very nature of Frost House itself. Mysterious happenings in the dorm, an intense triangle between Leena, Celeste, and Celeste’s brother, and the reawakening of childhood fears, all push Leena to take increasingly desperate measures to feel safe. Frost is the story of a haunting. As to whether the demons are supernatural or psychological . . . well, which answer would let you sleep at night?

8 comments:

  1. Those covers are gorgeous! I hadn't heard of Frost but I'll be adding it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo Temptation of Angels just got added to my TBR list! Frost sounds awesome too :)
    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read both of these! What gorgeous covers!!1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome books! I want them too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week's wish is inspired by a book I finished while in the mountains. Please come see which book I'm wishing for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Temptation of Angels sounds great! Happy Reading!

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frost has been on my list but I hadn't heard of Temptation of Angels. It sounds great (yep, love angels too!). Terrific list, I hope you get to read both of these when they come out. :)

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also excited for "Temptation of Angels" by Michelle Zink. I love her Sisters of the Prophecy series and want to read more by her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...