Saturday, 13 August 2011

On My Wishlist (#34)



On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday.

I'm going to be adding three or more books that I have found and I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They could even be old, new or forthcoming novels.

This week we have some books that I found on Goodreads, Amazon and other places.

..........
This one sounds amazing!!



Don't Breath a Word
Holly Cupala
Goodreads

Goodreads summary:

Joy Delamere is suffocating...

From asthma, which has nearly claimed her life. From her parents, who will do anything to keep that from happening. From delectably dangerous Asher, who is smothering her from the inside out.

Joy can take his words—tender words, cruel words—until the night they go too far.

Now, Joy will leave everything behind to find the one who has offered his help, a homeless boy called Creed. She will become someone else. She will learn to survive. She will breathe…if only she can get to Creed before it’s too late.

Set against the gritty backdrop of Seattle’s streets and a cast of characters with secrets of their own, Holly Cupala’s powerful new novel explores the subtleties of abuse, the meaning of love, and how far a girl will go to discover her own strength.

..........
Chocolate and coffee are illegal!!! Have to see what that's about and I love that cover!



All These Things I've Done
Gabrielle Zevin
Goodreads

Goodreads summary:

In 2083, chocolate and coffee are illegal, paper is hard to find, water is carefully rationed, and New York City is rife with crime and poverty. And yet, for Anya Balanchine, the sixteen-year-old daughter of the city's most notorious (and dead) crime boss, life is fairly routine. It consists of going to school, taking care of her siblings and her dying grandmother, trying to avoid falling in love with the new assistant D.A.'s son, and avoiding her loser ex-boyfriend. That is until her ex is accidently poisoned by the chocolate her family manufactures and the police think she's to blame. Suddenly, Anya finds herself thrust unwillingly into the spotlight--at school, in the news, and most importantly, within her mafia family.

..........
This sounds like it could be a cute and fun read!!!



Shooting Stars
Allison Rushby
Goodreads

Goodreads summary:

Meet Josephine Foster, or Zo Jo as she’s called in the biz. The best pint-sized photographer of them all, Jo doesn’t mind doing what it takes to get that perfect shot, until she’s sent on an undercover assignment to shoot Ned Hartnett—teen superstar and the only celebrity who’s ever been kind to her—at an exclusive rehabilitation retreat in Boston. The money will be enough to pay for Jo’s dream: real photography classes, and maybe even quitting her paparazzi gig for good. Everyone wants to know what Ned’s in for. But Jo certainly doesn’t know what she’s in for: falling in love with Ned was never supposed to be part of her assignment.

7 comments:

  1. Ooooo great list this week! I've heard about All These Hings I've Done but the other two are new to me. They look great too!! :)

    Here's my wishlist: http://lost-in-lit.blogspot.com/2011/08/on-my-wishlist-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these Things I've done isonmy wishlist was well. hmmm.

    My wishlist this week was inspired by my walk through my closing Borders. I hope you will stop by and if you like please follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shooting Stars does sound interesting. I'm going to wait for reviews to pop up to see how others like it. Hope you get to read these soon :)


    On my Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I also have Don't Breathe A Word on my wishlist. Hadn't heard of Shooting Stars so thanks for the heads-up! Have a great weekend. :)

    Dea
    Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete
  5. All These things I've done sounds great! I've not heard of it before and hate the idea of chocolate being illegal!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These all sound really good! Hadn't heard of don't breathe a word before but I definitely want it on my wishlist!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover for Shooting Stars is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...