Thursday, 18 August 2011

Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler


Title: Playing Hurt
Author: Holly Schindler
Published by: Flux
Age Group: Young-adult
Paperback: 303
Challenge: Howarts Reading Challenge 2011
2011- Young Adult Reading Challenge



4- Great!

Goodreads summary:

Star basketball player Chelsea "Nitro" Keyes had the promise of a full ride to college-and everyone's admiration in her hometown. But everything changed senior year, when she took a horrible fall during a game. Now a metal plate holds her together and she feels like a stranger in her own family.

As a graduation present, Chelsea's dad springs for a three-week summer "boot camp" program at a northern Minnesota lake resort. There, she's immediately drawn to her trainer, Clint, a nineteen-year-old ex-hockey player who's haunted by his own traumatic past. As they grow close, Chelsea is torn between her feelings for Clint and her loyalty to her devoted boyfriend back home. Will an unexpected romance just end up causing Chelsea and Clint more pain-or finally heal their heartbreak?

Review:

I found this book interesting and I must say that Schindler’s writing style is amazing. The writing just seemed to flow off the page. I was really looking forward to reading this book when I got it but I was half and half on the sports aspect because for me if there is too much sport involved it kind of put me off (I can’t handle to much sport) but it was just the right amount for me. I was slightly disappointed with this book I don’t know why though, I think it was because I set the bar to high for this book but it was and enjoyable read none the less.

I love how the story was told in Chelsea and Clint’s point of view, it gave so much more insight on both of the character and made them seem all the more realistic. I know I say this in a lot of my review but it’s true every time, I love how the characters grew throughout the book.

I think that the romance was what kept me glued to this book the most it was just so intriguing and it brought out the best of both character and healed them.

If you’re looking for a summer romance with two broken character that become whole again then pick this book up now.

Plot 4/5
Character 4/5
Cover 5/5
Ending 4/5

..........
Rating System

Goodreads
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com
Barnes and Noble

Holly Schindler's website

1 comment:

  1. Great review. It sounds like a nice read, not my cup of tea, but still enjoyable. ;) Glad that the romance is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...