Saturday, 23 July 2011

On My Wishlist (#33)



On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday.

I'm going to be adding three or more books that I have found and I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They could even be old, new or forthcoming novels.

This week we have some books that I found on Goodreads, Amazon and other places.

..........
The looks awesome!!!



The Girl in the Steel Corset
Kady Cross
Goodreads

Goodreads summary:

In 1897 England, sixteen-year-old Finley Jayne has no one except the thing inside her.
When a young lord tries to take advantage of Finley, she fights back. And wins. But no normal Victorian girl has a darker side that makes her capable of knocking out a full-grown man with one punch.
Only Griffin King sees the magical darkness inside her that says she's special, says she's one of them. The orphaned duke takes her in from the gaslit streets against the wishes of his band of misfits. Emily, who has her own special abilities and an unrequited love for Sam, who is part robot; and Jasper, an American cowboy with a shadowy secret.
Griffin's investigating a criminal called The Machinist, the mastermind behind several recent crimes by automatons. Finley thinks she can help and finally be a part of something, finally fit in.
But The Machinist wants to tear Griff's little company of strays apart, and it isn't long before trust is tested on all sides. At least Finley knows whose side she's on, even if it seems no one believes her.

..........
I've heard so many good things about this book and that cover is strange by gorgeous!!!



Beautiful Disaster
Jamie McGuire
Goodreads

Goodreads summary:

The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend America, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the charming college co-ed. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his charms, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’ apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

..........
This sounds like it could be a really fun read and I love the cover!!!!



Catching Jordan
Miranda Kenneally
Goodreads

Goodreads summary:

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starting position... suddenly she's hoping he'll see her as more than just a teammate.

5 comments:

  1. Great books. I love the cover of the first book. That's the book I really want to read. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My total wishlist stands at 864 books, an increase of 8 books since last week. The Last Council (Amulet 4) by Kazu Kibuishi. Please come see what books I'm reading this week from my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want both The girl in the steel corset and beautiful disaster,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome picks! I have Catching Jordan on my TBR list already, but I think I'm going to have to add the other two as well. And I hope you enjoy all of them when you get them!

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...