Friday, 8 July 2011

Book Review: Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini


How do you defy destiny?

Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.

As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart.


Title: Starcrossed
Author: Josephine Angelini
Published by: Macmillan Children's Books
Age Group: Young-adult
Hardcover: 514
Challenge: 2011 Debut Author Challenge
Howarts Reading Challenge 2011
2011- Young Adult Reading Challenge

Review:

5- Amazing!! I want to read it again!

Starcrossed was an amazing read. I took this book on holidays with me and I read it in days of lying on the sun bed. I gripped me from the first chapter and I couldn’t put it down! I just had to find out what was going on, it was a great new twist on the classic children of the gods (demi-gods) story and I just had to discover what these people actually were and what they could do.

The characters were gripping and well rounded and almost all of them changed and grew throughout the book. Helen and Lucas’ relationship was so sweet at times it made me want to strangle them and at others it made me want to hug them. Angelini put a few surprises in her plot and at most points I think my mouth was hanging open in shock (a good kind of shock). I loved this book so much!

I will once again say that this book was amazing and I can’t wait for the sequel! So if you see this book buy it because it is worth reading over 500 pages to get to the ending of a story that will stick with well past the final sentence.

Plot 4½/5
Character 5/5
Cover 5/5
Ending 5/5

..........
Rating System

Goodreads
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com
Barnes and Noble

Josephine Angelini's website

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I'm now really really excited about this one. I love demi-gods and I can't wait to read the story since I've read mostly good thoughts on Starcrossed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...