Saturday, 30 July 2011

Charlie Woodchuck is a Minor Niner by Dalya Moon

Title: Charlie Woodchuck is a Minor Niner
Author: Dalya Moon
Published by: unknowen
Release Date: August 1st 2011
Age Group: (upper) Middle-grade
Source: Author
Kindle Edition
Challenge: none



5- Amazing!! I want to read it again!

Goodreads summary:

Charlie Woodchuck is the most minor of niners. She’s the youngest girl at Snowy Cove High School, and so clueless, she wore leg warmers and acid-wash jeans on her first day. Big mistake! Almost as big a mistake as signing up for a boys-only shop class.

Just when she thinks the first week of high school can't get any weirder, Charlie discovers she may be adopted. According to the genetics section in her Science textbook, her eyes should be blue, not brown.

Before she graduates from the ninth grade, the girl with the boy's name and the wrong eye color will have to use her detective skills to discover her true identity. She'll use power tools to build fantastical wood creations, and before the year ends, she'll have to face down the biggest bullies of all: the all-powerful members of Snowy Cove’s School Board.

Review:

This was so much fun to read, I loved every second of it! There was too many laugh out loud moments to count and when I wasn’t laughing I was smiling like an idiot. This was my first shot of a (upper) middle-grade novel and it was just so much fun and at most parts so cute.

OK, so back to the main review. One of the things I loved about this novel was that it was set in the ‘80s, because come on how many YA or middle-grade novels that have recently come out are set in the ‘80s? Well this is the first one I’ve seen and it was so refreshing to actually read something different for once.

All of the character were well rounded and grew throughout the novel. Charlie was an easy character to read and at some points I felt like hugging her and at others I felt like shaking her to see sense, but all in all I liked her.

I was kept guessing throughout the novel and Dalya threw couple of interesting curve balls in there as well, the suspense was killing me! But I was satisfied with the ending. This is one novel that I would love to see a sequel of.

Plot 4/5
Character 5/5
Cover 4/5
Ending 5/5

..........
Rating System

Goodreads
Anazon.co.uk
Amazon.com

Dalya Moon's website

Author interview with Dalya Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...