Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson

Title: Ultraviolet
Author: R.J. Anderson
Published by: Orchard
Age Group: Young-adult
Hardcover: 410
Challenge: Howarts Reading Challenge 2011
2011- Young Adult Reading Challenge



5- Amazing!! I want to read it again!

Goodreads summary:

Once upon a time there was a girl who was special.

This is not her story.

Unless you count the part where I killed her.

Sixteen-year-old Alison has been sectioned in a mental institute for teens, having murdered the most perfect and popular girl at school. But the case is a mystery: no body has been found, and Alison's condition is proving difficult to diagnose. Alison herself can't explain what happened: one minute she was fighting with Tori -- the next she disintegrated. Into nothing. But that's impossible. Right?

Review:

This book was amazing! It made me laugh, cry, smile and scream at the characters. It was just amazing. I didn’t really know what to expect when I started reading this book but the summary had gripped me so bad that I had to read it and I wasn’t disappointed when I finished it.
I’ve haven’t read any of R.J. Anderson’s other book but straight away I liked her writing style, it was clear and straight to the point.

I loved Alison’s character she was very unique and well rounded and I loved how she was able to hear colours and see sounds etc, it made the story different from anything else I’ve read and I loved it. Faraday… I loved Faraday so much, he just seemed like a small character and the BAM he’s one of the most important character in there, when I started reading I didn’t see that coming, but I glad that he was!

The plot was fast paced and easy to follow, the characters had depth and were realistic, the writing was amazing and the story was extraordinary. A story that will keep you guessing and a romance that you will fall in love with, if you see this book you have to buy and read it because you will not be disappointed… believe me!

Plot 5/5
Character 5/5
Cover 5/5
Ending 5/5

..........
Rating System

Goodreads
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com
Barnes and Noble

R.J. Anderson's website

2 comments:

  1. Great review, I loved this book so much too! It's one of my fave books now for sure.

    Feel free to link your review up to my new review based blog hop here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also loved this! It's not out yet here in the US so I'm holding my review until it is released, but I completely agree with your rating!

    Shalena @ Writer Quirk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...