Saturday, 23 April 2011

On My Wishlist (#24)



On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday.

I'm going to be adding three or more books that I have found and I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They could even be old, new or forthcoming novels.

This week we have some books that I found on Goodreads, Amazon and other places.

..........
I've heard so many good things about this book and I can't wait to read it!



Bright Young Things
Anna Godberson
Goodreads

Goodreads summary:

The year is 1929. New York is ruled by the Bright Young Things: flappers and socialites seeking thrills and chasing dreams in the anything-goes era of the Roaring Twenties.

Letty Larkspur and Cordelia Grey escaped their small Midwestern town for New York's glittering metropolis. All Letty wants is to see her name in lights, but she quickly discovers Manhattan is filled with pretty girls who will do anything to be a star…

Cordelia is searching for the father she's never known, a man as infamous for his wild parties as he is for his shadowy schemes. Overnight, she enters a world more thrilling and glamorous than she ever could have imagined—and more dangerous. It's a life anyone would kill for . . . and someone will.

The only person Cordelia can trust is Astrid Donal, a flapper who seems to have it all: money, looks, and the love of Cordelia's brother, Charlie. But Astrid's perfect veneer hides a score of family secrets.

Across the vast lawns of Long Island, in the illicit speakeasies of Manhattan, and on the blindingly lit stages of Broadway, the three girls' fortunes will rise and fall—together and apart. From the New York Times bestselling author of The Luxe comes an epic new series set in the dizzying last summer of the Jazz Age.

4 comments:

  1. New follower!
    I love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am another NEW follower :D
    I love finding other UK bloggers.

    I want to read this one too! Great pick.

    Jules

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like it has real potential! New follower to by the way:) Shari over at myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo Bright Young Things was great and I'm still pining away for the next book in that series. I hope you like it when you get to read it! :)

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...