Saturday, 9 April 2011

On My Wishlist (#22)



On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday.

I'm going to be adding three or more books that I have found and I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They could even be old, new or forthcoming novels.

This week we have some books that I found on Goodreads, Amazon and other places.

..........
This one sounds interesting and I love the cover!!!



So Over You
Gwen Hayes
Goodreads

Goodreads summary:

Layney Logan, girl reporter.

That's all she's ever wanted to be. This year, her senior year, not only does she have to share the coveted Senior Editor position with her arch nemesis, Jimmy Foster, she also has to figure out how to keep the school paper alive. With the local paper closing and the school cutting Journalism from the budget, it's a long shot. Working side-by-side with Foster, the guy she likes to call Lucifer,makes it even worse.

The only thing Layney dislikes more than swimming in the high school dating pool is Jimmy Foster think he got the best of her, so she takes
his ridiculous newspaper assignment--to go on twelve blind dates--to prove his powers of darkness won't work on her. The trouble is, the more she learns about herself on her journey of bad blind dates, the more she wonders if maybe Foster has known her better than she knows herself all this time.

..........
I saw this on an In My Mailbox post and thought that it looked cool and I love America in the 1940's. One of my exam papers are on America and it looks at this time!!!



Ten Cents a Dance
Christine Fletcher
Goodreads

Goodreads summary:

With her mother ill, it’s up to fifteen-year-old Ruby Jacinski to support her family. But in the 1940s, the only opportunities open to a Polish-American girl from Chicago’s poor Yards is a job in one of the meat packing plants. Through a chance meeting with a local tough, Ruby lands a job as a taxi dancer and soon becomes an expert in the art of “fishing”: working her patrons for meals, cash, clothes, even jewelry. Drawn ever deeper into the world of dance halls, jazz, and the mob, Ruby gradually realizes that the only one who can save her is herself. A mesmerizing look into a little known world and era.

..........
It sounds awesome and it reminds me of Beauty and the Beast and I love Beauty and the Beast!!!



Beastly
Alex Flinn
Goodreads

Goodreads summary:

I am a beast.
A beast!
Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright. I am a monster.
You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll, stay this way forever ruined unless I can break the spell.
Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly...beastly.

5 comments:

  1. I've had Beastly on my wishlist for over a year. I need to read that book already! LOL Hope you get to read these soon :)


    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see the Beastly movie myself. I hope you get these books and they are everything you hope them to be. Check out what is On My Wishlist this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Gwen Hayes - I haven't heard of the first one, but it has some really good reviews and it fits a challenge I'm doing so I put it on my to-buy list.

    Add me to the list of people who keep meaning to read Beastly! I love Beauty and the Beast too, it's such a romantic story. :)

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to read every single one of these!!! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week's feature wish is a picture book about a construction site. Come see why I added it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...