Saturday, 2 April 2011

On My Wishlist (#21)



On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday.

I'm going to be adding three or more books that I have found and I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They could even be old, new or forthcoming novels.

This week we have some books that I found on Goodreads, Amazon and other places.

..........
It sounds so cool!



Possession
Elana Johnson
Goodreads

Goodreads summary:

Vi knows the Rule: Girls don't walk with boys, and they never even think about kissing them. But no one makes Vi want to break the Rules more than Zenn...and since the Thinkers have chosen him as Vi's future match, how much trouble can one kiss cause? The Thinkers may have brainwashed the rest of the population, but Vi is determined to think for herself.

But the Thinkers are unusually persuasive, and they're set on convincing Vi to become one of them...starting by brainwashing Zenn. Vi can't leave Zenn in the Thinkers' hands, but she's wary of joining the rebellion, especially since that means teaming up with Jag. Jag is egotistical, charismatic, and dangerous--everything Zenn's not. Vi can't quite trust Jag and can't quite resist him, but she also can't give up on Zenn.

This is a game of control or be controlled. And Vi has no choice but to play.

..........
Looks and sounds interesting!



The Girl of Fire and Thorns
Rae Carson
Goodreads

Goodreads summary:

Once a century, one person is chosen for greatness.

Elisa is the chosen one.

But she is also the younger of two princesses, the one who has never done anything remarkable. She can’t see how she ever will.

Now, on her sixteenth birthday, she has become the secret wife of a handsome and worldly king—a king whose country is in turmoil. A king who needs the chosen one, not a failure of a princess.

And he’s not the only one who seeks her. Savage enemies seething with dark magic are hunting her. A daring, determined revolutionary thinks she could be his people’s savior. And he looks at her in a way that no man has ever looked at her before. Soon it is not just her life, but her very heart that is at stake.

Elisa could be everything to those who need her most. If the prophecy is fulfilled. If she finds the power deep within herself. If she doesn’t die young.

Most of the chosen do.

..........
I loved the first Perfect Chemistry and I can't wait to get my teeth stuck into this one!



Rules of Attraction
Simone Elkeles
Goodreads

Goodreads summary:

When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.

5 comments:

  1. Very cool picks! I hadn't heard about The Girl of Fire and Thorns before, but I'll definitely be adding that to my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rae Carson has already rated her own book with 5 stars on Goodreads. It sounds really, really good though - guess she'd know, huh, lol.

    So many people have recommended Simone Elkeles and this series, I may have to cave pretty soon.

    Hope you get to read these!

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh I can't wait to read The Girl of Fire and Thorns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an eARC of Possession that I can't wait to read, it looks awesome. I recently added The Girl of Fire and Thorns to my TBR list. I love the cover. Great picks!

    Feel free to check out what's on my wishlist this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week's featured wish is about washing dishes Come see why I added it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...