Monday, 18 April 2011

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

Title: Rules of Attraction
Author: Simone Elkeles
Published by: Simon and Schuster
Age Group: Young-adult
Hardcover: 324
Challenge: Howarts Reading Challenge 2011
2011- Young Adult Reading Challenge



Rating: 5- Amazing!! I want to read it again!

Goodreads summary:

When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.

Review:

I loved Elkeles’ Perfect Chemistry and as soon as I finished it I had to go out and buy this book as soon as I could. I didn’t think this book could compare to Perfect Chemistry, but it was just as good!

I love how Elkeles’ characters are always so complex, it adds so much more depth to the story and makes you want to read more. I loved Kiara; I loved how she was always up for a challenge and how by the end of the books she and Carlos had grown. Carlos what can I really say, I love my bad boys with a heart of gold on the inside. I loved seeing how he got over his pride and went after what he wanted.

I didn’t actually see Carlos and Kiara ‘fall in love’, it just didn’t flow as nicely as it had with Brittany and Alex in Perfect Chemistry and that's the only part of the book wan't up to my expectation

As a whole I fell in love with this book just as I had with Perfect Chemistry and all I can say now is bring on the next book!!!

Plot 4/5
Character 5/5
Cover 5/5
Ending 5/5

..........
Rating System

Goodreads
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com
Barnes and Noble

Simone Elkeles' website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...