Saturday, 5 March 2011

On My Wishlist (#17)



On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday.

I'm going to be adding three or more books that I have found and I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They could even be old, new or forthcoming novels.

This week we have some books that I found on Goodreads, Amazon and other places:

..........
I love Christopher Pike books and this one sounds awsome!



Bury Me Deep: AND Chain Letter
Christopher Pike
Goodreads

Goodreads summary:

DON'T BE AFRAID ...BE TERRIFIED Bury Me Deep The perfect holiday -- but even paradise has something to hide ...She'd only known Mike a few minutes. Just long enough to watch him die. And now he fills her dreams with cold blood. Why is the ocean calling her? Down to the depths -- to a secret she can only see in her nightmares. To a secret his body is hiding ...Chain Letter When Alison read the chain letter signed 'Your Caretaker', she thought it was some sick joke. Someone, somewhere knew about that awful night when she and six other friends committed an unthinkable crime in the desolate California desert. And now that person is determined to make them pay. They had all shared the same secret ...now they would share the same terror.

..........
Just look at that cover plus it's about werewolves!



Never Cry Werewolf
Heather Davis
Goodreads

Goodreads summary:

Moonlight can totally change your life. And it all starts so simply. You. Him. The moon. You’re toast.

Okay, so maybe Shelby has made a few mistakes with boys lately. But her stepmother totally overreacts when she packs Shelby off to brat camp. Suddenly, it’s good-bye, prom dress; hello, hiking boots.

Things start looking up, though, when Shelby meets fellow camper (and son of a rock star!) Austin Bridges III. But soon she realizes there’s more to Austin than crush material—his family has a dark secret, and he wants Shelby’s help guarding it....

..........
I love Pride and Predjudice by Jane Austen and I love retellings of Pride and Prejudice!



Epic Fail
Claire LaZebnik
Goodreads

Goodreads summary:

At Coral Tree Prep in Los Angeles, who your parents are can make or break you. Case in point:

• As the son of Hollywood royalty, Derek Edwards is pretty much prince of the school—not that he deigns to acknowledge many of his loyal subjects.

• As the daughter of the new principal, new-girl-on-campus Elise Benton isn’t exactly on everyone’s must-sit-next-to-at-lunch list.

When Elise’s beautiful sister catches the eye of the prince’s best friend, Elise gets to spend a lot of time with Derek, making her the envy of every girl. Except she refuses to fall for any of his rare smiles and instead warms up to his enemy, the surprisingly charming social outcast Webster Grant. But in this hilarious tale of fitting in and flirting, not all snubs are undeserved, not all celebrity brats are bratty, and pride and prejudice can get in the way of true love for only so long.

7 comments:

  1. Epic Fail looks interesting. Here is My Wishlistr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cover for Chain Letter! I plan on reading that one for my YA of the 80s and 90s reading challenge. I have Epic Fail on my wishlist as well. Hope you get to read these soon :)

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wishlist!! I haven't read any Christopher Pike books, but I really want to!

    Happy Saturday!
    http://readerbee.blogspot.com/2011/03/on-my-wishlist-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Epic Fail is one that I really want to read, too. How can you NOT want to read a book called "Epic Fail"? It sounds awesome. Great choices!

    Feel free to check out what's on my wishlist this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Christopher Pike sounds fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've hardly had time to read or wish for new books. Come see what I'm wishing for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Christopher Pike book sounds great, could you recommend any books of his to me. I'm always excited to find new authors. Thanks! Stop by my wishlist at http://inthenameofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/03/wishlist-2.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...