Monday, 28 March 2011

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Title: The Host
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Pulbished by: Sphere
Age Group: Young-adult
Hardcover: 617
Challenge: Howarts Reading Challenge 2011



Rating: 5- Amazing!! I want to read it again!

Goodreads summary:

Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, knew about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the too-vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn't expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of the man Melanie loves - Jared, a human who still lives in hiding. Unable to separate herself from her body's desires, Wanderer yearns for a man she's never met. As outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off to search for the man they both love.

Featuring what may be the first love triangle involving only two bodies, The Host is a riveting and unforgettable novel that will bring a vast new readership to one of the most compelling writers of our time.

Review:

This novel was very nearly a ten for me, but it just didn’t make it up there. I know some of you who are reading this are going to hate me for what I’m going to say but anyway, I love Stephenie Meyer’s work. Her writing style phenomenal and this book is no exception.

Like I said before this book was very nearly a ten and the reason that it didn’t make it was because of the first 100 or so pages before Wanda finds the cave. It just seemed to drag on a bit for me, but once it got past that part I think that it was one of Stephenie’s best work.

The characters stuck with me throughout the entire book they were just all so fleshed out, I loved how the characters grew and also how they surprised me in many ways. I’m not going to go through what I thought of all the characters that had an impact on me because we would be here all day and that just shows how much of an impact this book had on me. But these are just some stayed with me: Wanda and Melanie they were just so different and for me that made their story even better, they were almost complete opposites. Jared and Ian: I just couldn’t decide who I loved more, they both had my heart.

The love triangle was intense, it kept me glued to the page and I was more than happy with the result. This novel make me smile, laugh, cry, be happy, be sad and so many other emotions, it was just so phenomenal.

Plot 4½ /5
Character 5/5
Cover 5/5
Ending 5/5

..........
Rating System

Goodreads
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com
Barnes and Noble

Steohenie Meyer's website

4 comments:

  1. I loved The Host - more than the Twilight series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this one yet... I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on it. I'm not even sure it's on my TBR, to be honest. Maybe I'll have to reevaluate that decision lol. Great review!

    And THANK YOU for reading mine =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review! I'm glad you enjoyed it :) I haven't got around to reading this one yet, even though I think I have a copy lying around somewhere. I need to get on that!
    I'm a new follower, by the way. Your blog is so adorable! I'd love it if you checked mine out too.

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh I'm so happy to see you gave this such a great star rating (I just bought the book myself so I won't read the review until I read it myself lol) I've been wanting to read this one for a long time, now I just need to find a way to squeeze it into my review schedule!!

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...