Thursday, 24 March 2011

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Title: Across the Universe
Author: Beth Revis
Pulbished by: Razorbill
Age Group: Young-adult
Hardcover: 398
Challenge: 2011 Debut Author Challenge
Howarts Reading Challenge 2011
2011- Young Adult Reading Challenge



Rating: 5- Amazing!! I want to read it again!

Goodreads summary:

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone--one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship--tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

Review:

I don’t normally read science-fiction to be honest, but what drew me to this book (except for the beautiful cover) was love, secrets and murder. That and the summary just drew me in. I had no idea what to expect when I picked up this book but when I finished it it was better than I could ever have imagined it to be.

That first chapter where Amy was being frozen stuck we me the most through the book. It was so detailed that I could almost see it happening and for me that was just an epic first chapter. Plus if it was really I would never want to be frozen like that!

As the book unfolded and the secrets started to get revealed and I just couldn’t put it down and I’m not going to go into detail but that was also an epic ending!
I actually felt like I was in the ship myself by how much detail Beth put in the book about the ship, but the map did come in handy.

I loved the characters they were well rounded and I felt like I knew them. Amy and Elder were both easy to relate to, fleshed out characters and you could feel their struggles with being on the ship. I loved watching them grow as the book went on. I also loved how the story was also told from both Elder and Amy’s perspective.

Plot 4/5
Character 5/5
Cover 5/5
Ending 5/5

..........
Rating System

Goodreads
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com
Barnes and Noble

Beth Revis' website

3 comments:

  1. I really have to make some time to read this one. I keep hearing great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this one. It is such a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review. I've had this one on my wishlist forever now, but I never pick it when I buy a new one. It's just so hard with over 150 books on my wishlist lol! NookColors make it easier to shop, but they make it harder too, because my list gets so huge with every book that ever looked good! I need to dedicate some time to reading some samples and narrowing it down I guess lol. Anyway, thanks for the review and I hope you're having a great night. :)

    -Sandra from http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...