Friday, 25 March 2011

Book Blogger Hop (#13) & Follow Friday (#14)

Book Blogger Hop

Time for Blogger Hop from Crazy for Books

I've done Book blogger hop a couple and I like it! I love following other peoples book blogs and looking what they think about new and older releases. It's a great way to get out there and meet new people who share the same interests as you.

This weeks question: "If you could physically put yourself into a book or series…which one would it be and why?"

My answer:
There are many series that I would love to be physically put into, but if I had to choose one I would have to say the Night World series by L.J. Smith because the Night World that she has created is just so cool!!! :P



.....................................................................................



Follow Friday is an opportunity to discover and follow other book related blogs! Want to join? Check it out at Parajunkee

This weeks question: give us five BOOK RELATED silly facts about you.

My answer:

1) Most of the books on my bookselve are in my to be read pile.

2) Every time I finish a book I start reading one and then put it back and I do that about five times untill I find the book that I want to read next.

3) I use almost ANYTHING as a bookmark, I don't actually think that I have anything marking my books that can be called a bookmark. I even have a hairdressing leaflet from when I went to Egypt two years ago with my mother as a bookmark!

4) I hate it when people bend the pages in a book to mark them! I mentally cringe at the site!

5) I have this starnge habbit of reading the last couple of lines at the end of the book when i've just start reading it, but not enough to ruin the ending.

11 comments:

  1. I use everything but a bookmark as well! I've gotten into using Post-It notes right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4...ERM...don't look at any of my books! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies in advance for my answer this week as it will not immediately resonate with the book blogger population which happens to be 99.5% female.

    My choice is a book series geared towards guys which won’t enthrall the vast majority of my fellow book bloggers (who are almost entirely female) with the extensive discussion of powerful weapons and sexy milspec gear, beautiful women, eye-popping action sequences (with occasionally obscene violence), and the like.

    But there IS something in my answer that just about everyone of the female persuasion can benefit from my decidedly “books for guys” post. Hop on over to http://www.howardsherman.net to find out what it is.

    Happy Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. My soulmate!!! I read the last few lines as well! My husband thinks I'm crazy ^_~

    My FF: sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com

    New follower here ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by via the hops!

    I just want to say how happy it makes me to see that you chose the Night World series! I read them when they were first published (which probably makes me sound really old. lol.) and I just loved them. I'm very glad to see that they are reaching a whole new generation of readers.


    I'm a new follower now! Looking forward to seeing your review of Babe in Boyland!


    Check Out My Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, just hopping on by! I'm often tempted to read the last bit of a book when I start it, but I try to resist just in case some spoilers come my way.

    Izzy @ My Words Ate Me
    mywordsateme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I feel like blowing my brains out when I see people bending books!! I feel like asking them, "How would you like it if I bent you finger backwards and left it like that?" LOL I get a little crazy when it comes to books ;)

    Here's my Follow Friday & Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like dog eared pages, either. Not fun!

    Happy hop,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. I also hate dogeared pages. I did it as a kid, but not anymore.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to hop to your site after seeing your name.. I'm an April too :)

    I agree with you about bending pages! I HATE when people do that! Ugh, my dad does that to his books and I don't get it! To me it seems like desecrating the book - should be a crime and come with a ticket fine for offenders! lol

    Anyways, I'm a new follower, looking forward to stopping by and reading again!

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...