Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Entangled by Cat Clarke

Title: Entangled
Author: Cat Clarke
Pulbished by: Quercus
Age Group: Young-adult
Hardcover: 374
Challenge: 2011 Debut Author Challenge
2011- Young Adult Reading Challenge



Rating: 4- Great!

Goodreads summary:

The same questions whirl round and round in my head:
What does he want from me?
How could I have let this happen?
AM I GOING TO DIE?

17-year-old Grace wakes up in a white room, with a table, pens and paper - and no clue how she got here.

As Grace pours her tangled life onto the page, she is forced to remember everything she's tried to forget. There's falling hopelessly in love with the gorgeous Nat, and the unravelling of her relationship with her best friend Sal. But there's something missing. As hard as she's trying to remember, is there something she just can't see?

Grace must face the most important question of all. Why is she here?

A story of dark secrets, intense friendship and electrifying attraction.

Review:

I was sucked into this novel from the very first page; I was reading this novel in between the shows of Jack and the Beanstalk pantomime that I had taken part in, so I didn’t really have that much time to read it but whenever I did I got sucked right back into it. The novel sent me on a roller coaster ride of emotions, one minute I was laughing and the next I was crying, plus feeling all the other emotions in between.

For me Grace was one of those characters that I didn’t think that I would really like and by the end of the novel I loved her. I found things that I liked about her, she's fiercely loyal to her best friend Sal, and she uses falling in love as a reason to start her life over. And even though some of the things that she did made me want to scream at her and others made me want to hug and comfort her. All in all she was a great realistic, well rounded character.

Through the entire novel I felt like something was wrong (in a good way) and I think that was one of the reason that I kept reading I wanted to know what that one thing was and why Grace ended up the way that she did. I think that there is something that everyone will be able to associate with in this novel.

Plot 4/5
Character 4/5
Cover 5/5
Ending 4/5

..........
Rating System

Goodreads
Amazon.co.uk
amazon.com

Cat Clarke Website

2 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous cover. Nice review - I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks really good. Plus, the cover is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...