Thursday, 18 November 2010

Night World, No. 2: Dark Angel; The Chosen; Soulmate (Night World, #4-6) by L.J. Smith

Title: Night World, No. 2: Dark Angel; The Chosen; Soulmate (Night World, #4-6)
Author: L.J. Smith
Published by: Hodder Children's Books
Genre: Young-adult, paranormal romance
Paperback: 535 pages



Rating: 5- Amazing!! I want to read it again!

Goodreads summary:

The Night World is a secret society of vampires, werewolves, witches and creatures of darkness - a place too dangerous to fall in love.

In Dark Angel, Angel saves Gillian from death in the icy wilderness and then offers to make her the most popular girl at school. But what does he want in return?

In The Chosen, vampire killer Rashel is torn between her feelings for her soulmate, Quinn, and her loathing for his thirst for human blood. She loves him, but is that enough?

In Soulmate, Hannah's true love - Lord of the Night World, has come back into her life and reignited her passion. But her joy is threatened by the return of an ancient army ...

Review:

I really enjoyed the Night World volume two. It’s contains stories four(4) to six(6) in the Night World series: Dark Angel, The Chosen and Soulmate . Each of the three stories is once again unique story of forbidden love. Every time I read one I wanted to read the next. I think I must have fallen in love with nearly all of main male characters in each of the stories all over again.

The first story in this book is Dark Angel, the first line did catch my eye and made me want to read on but then after a while the story started to lose its spark. There was just something about Gillian’s character that got on my nerves and the way that Angel just kept pushing her to do stuff like cut her own hair and other things also got on my nerves. But I did like the ending. This story has to be my least favourite in this book.

The second story in this book is The Chosen, I did enjoy this story it had good characters, a good plot and a good romance but I wish that there was more of Quinn in the story and just a bit more romance since there was only about two maybe three good connecting/romance moments in the story. But the story was fast paced and kept me wanting to turn the pages.

The third story in this book is Soulmate, this was my second favourite story in this volume. I did really enjoy the story and thought that the romance was very sweet and I also loved the story of Thierry’s past; his past also gave insight to some other parts of the novel and of the Night World. And also the parts where Hannah was seeing herself as Hanna of the Three Rivers and herself in some of her past lives was very cool and insightful. Loved the ending of the story and it was also a great way to end volume two.

Plot 5/5
Character 4/5
Cover 5/5
Ending 5/5

..........
Rating System

Goodreads
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com

L.J. Smith's website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...