Friday, 12 November 2010

Book Blogger Hop (4) & Follow Friday (3)

Book Blogger Hop

Time for Blogger Hop from Crazy for Books

I've only done Book blogger hop a couple and I like it! I love following other peoples book blogs and looking what they think about new and older releases. It's a great way to get out there and meet new people who share the same interests as you.

This weeks question: "If you find a book that looks interesting but is part of a series, do you always start with the first title?"

My answer: Yes, I always have to read the first book in the series because I want to be up to date and not miss any important events. It's part of my personal policy to read a series from the beginning no matter how much I want to read that book.





Follow Friday is an opportunity to discover and follow other book related blogs! Want to join? Check it out at Parajunkee

What is your usual monthly book budget?

My answer: My budget is about £30-40 when it's a good month and I even have money or my mum is in a good mood. I'm only a student remember. But otherwise I normaly buy used or books that are on offer or online.

14 comments:

  1. http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2010/11/book-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hopping by my site! I'm now following yours! :-) Have a great weekend and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just hopping by :)
    New follower here. Have a great weekend.
    Caroline, Words & Whispers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey April thanks for stopping by! I'm like you, I have to start a series from the beginning. I just don't like missing the grand arc of a story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Just hoppin' on by. <3 I'm a new follower! :D

    I totally agree with you - I hate not knowing the backstory in books if I start with a 2nd or 3rd novel in a series. :s

    My book budget is $0! I'm a poor college student, so I only borrow books from the library or read in Barnes and Noble while hogging their air conditioning. :)

    Kristina @ Frazzled Book Nommer. Have a good weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're supposed to have monthly book budgets? Oh. I knew I was doing something wrong! :p

    Happy Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can dive right into the middle of a book series if the series' story
    doesn't run chronologically.

    That is to say, if each novel in a series is a stand-alone story (like Lee
    Child's Reacher novels) then I don't feel the need to start with book one.

    On the other hand, a series of books (like Richard Hatch's Battlestar
    Galactica novels) can't be read out of sequence since each new book builds
    upon the story of the previous entry in the series.

    Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just stopping by on the blog hop. You have a great blog! I can't wait to read more of your reviews.

    Feel free to stop by any time!

    http://judesenglish10.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you! :)

    I'm hopping by from the Blog Hop!

    I'm also a new follower!

    Happy Blogging!

    - Mevurah

    http://theheartofdreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Can't wait to see your upcoming reviews.

    Chazz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello fellow blogger! new follower to your page here. Just wanted to drop some *love* and say that you have a wonderful blog here! I'm new to blogging and would love if you could return the favor and follow my page! Happy Blogging!

    how many times do you think i used the word blog?

    pruesbookblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopping through. Hard not to start a series with the beginning. So confusing otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! I am a new follower from the blog hop. I am glad to meet follow book bloggers. I look forward to coming back and reading your reviews and posts!

    Happy reading and Blogging!
    http://bookinitalong.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for dropping by my blog! I agree with you. I have to read things from the beginning and I also prefer to read series together and not read books in between them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...